For the establishment of the following ranking list of the ten hottest places on earth, the maximum measured temperatures on the ground are decisive. So it is neither about average temperatures nor about the air temperature.
1st place: Dascht e Lut, Iran
The Dasht e Lut desert is 70.7 ° C, the hottest place of the world. The conditions there are so hostile to life that even bacteria cannot survive in the long term. The Dascht e Lut desert covers an area of almost 170,000 m² and is located northeast of the Zagros Mountains.
2nd place: Queensland, Australia
The state of Queensland is located in the northeast of Australia. In the interior of the country, the peak value was 68 ° C. A multitude of colorful coral reefs can be found along the Pacific coast, which is why Queensland is a very popular holiday destination in Australia, especially for divers.
3rd place: Flaming Mountains, China
The “Flaming Mountains” in China are located near the city of Turpan in the northwest of the country. With a maximum temperature of 66 ° C, this natural spectacle occupies the last free place on the podium. The mountains are on the Silk Road, one of the most important trade routes in the ancient world.
4th place: El Azizia, Libya
Africa is generally considered to be the hottest continent, but with 57.7 ° C it only reaches fourth place in this ranking. The city of El Azizia is located on the Mediterranean Sea around 50 kilometers from the capital Tripoli. Since the temperature measurement dates from 1922, this value is often questioned.
Platz 5: Death Valley, USA
At 56 ° C, Death Valley is the hottest place on the American continent and part of the Mojave Desert. On July 12, 2012, the highest temperature ever recorded for a night time in the world was recorded in Death Valley at 41.7 ° C. Death Valley stretches across the states of California and Nevada in the western United States.
6th place: Kebili, Tunisia
The city of Kebili is centrally located in Tunisia in the middle of the Jebil National Park. The highest temperature ever recorded for Kebili is 55 ° C. In addition to the Jebil National Park, the Chott el Djerid salt lake north of Kebili is of touristic importance.
7th place: Ghadames, Libya
The oasis town of Ghadames is located in the triangle between Libya, Algeria and Tunisia, about 600 kilometers from the capital Tripoli. Far away from the Mediterranean coast, Ghadames especially attracts culture lovers. The old town of Ghadames is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The highest temperature measured in Ghadames was 55 ° C.
Place 8: Timbuktu, Mali
Timbuktu is located in the heart of Mali, but contrary to popular belief, it is not the capital of the West African country. The highest temperature ever recorded in Timbuktu is 54 ° C. The proximity to the Sahara, which in Timbuktu provides the characteristic, very dry desert climate almost all year round, contributes significantly to this.
Platz 9: Tirat Zvi, Israel
In kibbutz Tirat Zvi on the border between Israel and Jordan, the peak temperature was 53.6 ° C. Tirat Zvi is 220 meters below sea level, making it the lowest point in the ranking of the hottest places on earth. The next larger town is Bet Sche’an, which is about 10 kilometers north of Tirat Zvi.
Platz 10: Lake Havasou City, USA
Lake Havasu City is a city with 60,000 inhabitants located on the lake of the same name in Arizona. Lake Havasu is a reservoir fed by the Colorado River. The most famous sight in Lake Havasu City is the London Bridge, which originally crossed the Thames in the 19th century and was later sold to the USA. The maximum temperature reached at Lake Havasu was so far 53.2 ° C.
- Afghanistan Overview
- Asia Early History
- Asia Flora and Fauna
- Beautiful Ecuador
- Belarus As a Tourist Country
- Eu Competition
- Europe Agricultural Products
- Flights Accommodation and Movement in Poland
- Getting to Denmark
- Guatemala Travel Package
- India for All The Senses
- Kenya Amboseli Ol Pejeta Masai Mara
- Malta Overview
- Malta Travel Guide
- Senegal History
- Seychelles 115 Islands With Tropical Beaches
- Climate of Minot, North Dakota November 26, 2023 - Minot, North Dakota, is a city situated in the north-central part of the state, known for its resilient community, proximity to the scenic Souris River, and a mix of economic… Read more
- Climate of Cincinnati, Ohio November 18, 2023 - Cincinnati, Ohio, located in the southwestern part of the state along the Ohio River according to citiesplustowns.com, experiences a humid subtropical climate with distinct seasons, including hot summers, cold winters,… Read more
- North Powder, Oregon November 14, 2023 - North Powder is a small town located in Union County, in the northeastern part of Oregon. Situated in the beautiful Powder River Valley, the town is surrounded by stunning natural… Read more
- Lutherville Timonium, Maryland November 7, 2023 - Lutherville Timonium is a beautiful suburb located in Baltimore County, Maryland. It is a small town with a population of approximately 16,000 people. The town is located near the northern… Read more
- Valley Farms, Arizona October 31, 2023 - Valley Farms, Arizona, is a town known for its remarkable geography and natural beauty. Located in Pinal County, Valley Farms sits amidst the stunning landscapes of the Sonoran Desert. The… Read more
- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea Geography October 23, 2023 - Port Moresby, the capital city of Papua New Guinea, is situated on the southern coast of the country. It is known for its unique geography, encompassing a mix of coastal… Read more
- Climate of Tulsa, Oklahoma October 23, 2023 - Tulsa, Oklahoma, experiences a humid subtropical climate, specifically the hot-summer subtype (Köppen climate classification Cfa), characterized by four distinct seasons with hot and humid summers, mild to cool winters, and… Read more
- Climate of Portland, Oregon October 16, 2023 - Portland, Oregon, located in the Pacific Northwest, is known for its lush greenery, cultural diversity, and unique climate. The city's climate is heavily influenced by its coastal proximity and the… Read more
- Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania October 10, 2023 - Womelsdorf is a small borough located in Berks County, Pennsylvania. Situated in the eastern part of the state, Womelsdorf is nestled within the scenic Lebanon Valley. The borough covers an… Read more
- Climate in Kathmandu, Nepal October 3, 2023 - Kathmandu, the capital and largest city of Nepal, is located in the Kathmandu Valley, surrounded by the Himalayas. The city experiences a subtropical highland climate with distinct seasons, characterized by… Read more