For the establishment of the following ranking list of the ten hottest places on earth, the maximum measured temperatures on the ground are decisive. So it is neither about average temperatures nor about the air temperature.
1st place: Dascht e Lut, Iran
The Dasht e Lut desert is 70.7 ° C, the hottest place of the world. The conditions there are so hostile to life that even bacteria cannot survive in the long term. The Dascht e Lut desert covers an area of almost 170,000 m² and is located northeast of the Zagros Mountains.
2nd place: Queensland, Australia
The state of Queensland is located in the northeast of Australia. In the interior of the country, the peak value was 68 ° C. A multitude of colorful coral reefs can be found along the Pacific coast, which is why Queensland is a very popular holiday destination in Australia, especially for divers.
3rd place: Flaming Mountains, China
The “Flaming Mountains” in China are located near the city of Turpan in the northwest of the country. With a maximum temperature of 66 ° C, this natural spectacle occupies the last free place on the podium. The mountains are on the Silk Road, one of the most important trade routes in the ancient world.
4th place: El Azizia, Libya
Africa is generally considered to be the hottest continent, but with 57.7 ° C it only reaches fourth place in this ranking. The city of El Azizia is located on the Mediterranean Sea around 50 kilometers from the capital Tripoli. Since the temperature measurement dates from 1922, this value is often questioned.
Platz 5: Death Valley, USA
At 56 ° C, Death Valley is the hottest place on the American continent and part of the Mojave Desert. On July 12, 2012, the highest temperature ever recorded for a night time in the world was recorded in Death Valley at 41.7 ° C. Death Valley stretches across the states of California and Nevada in the western United States.
6th place: Kebili, Tunisia
The city of Kebili is centrally located in Tunisia in the middle of the Jebil National Park. The highest temperature ever recorded for Kebili is 55 ° C. In addition to the Jebil National Park, the Chott el Djerid salt lake north of Kebili is of touristic importance.
7th place: Ghadames, Libya
The oasis town of Ghadames is located in the triangle between Libya, Algeria and Tunisia, about 600 kilometers from the capital Tripoli. Far away from the Mediterranean coast, Ghadames especially attracts culture lovers. The old town of Ghadames is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The highest temperature measured in Ghadames was 55 ° C.
Place 8: Timbuktu, Mali
Timbuktu is located in the heart of Mali, but contrary to popular belief, it is not the capital of the West African country. The highest temperature ever recorded in Timbuktu is 54 ° C. The proximity to the Sahara, which in Timbuktu provides the characteristic, very dry desert climate almost all year round, contributes significantly to this.
Platz 9: Tirat Zvi, Israel
In kibbutz Tirat Zvi on the border between Israel and Jordan, the peak temperature was 53.6 ° C. Tirat Zvi is 220 meters below sea level, making it the lowest point in the ranking of the hottest places on earth. The next larger town is Bet Sche’an, which is about 10 kilometers north of Tirat Zvi.
Platz 10: Lake Havasou City, USA
Lake Havasu City is a city with 60,000 inhabitants located on the lake of the same name in Arizona. Lake Havasu is a reservoir fed by the Colorado River. The most famous sight in Lake Havasu City is the London Bridge, which originally crossed the Thames in the 19th century and was later sold to the USA. The maximum temperature reached at Lake Havasu was so far 53.2 ° C.
- Afghanistan Overview
- Asia Early History
- Asia Flora and Fauna
- Beautiful Ecuador
- Belarus As a Tourist Country
- Eu Competition
- Europe Agricultural Products
- Flights Accommodation and Movement in Poland
- Getting to Denmark
- Guatemala Travel Package
- India for All The Senses
- Kenya Amboseli Ol Pejeta Masai Mara
- Malta Overview
- Malta Travel Guide
- Senegal History
- Seychelles 115 Islands With Tropical Beaches
- France Attractions May 10, 2022 - Metz The Gallo-Roman city of Metz was an important commercial hub, favored by its favorable strategic position, which made defense easy. Remarkable are the remaining remains of medieval ramparts, beautiful… Read more
- Chile Presidentialism May 3, 2022 - Government of Carlos Ibáñez del Campo The 1 of October of 1925, Arturo Alessandri Palma resigned the presidency, temporarily taking over as Vice President Luis Barros Borgoño, who served as Minister of the Interior. On October… Read more
- Geography of Kyrgyzstan April 26, 2022 - General information about Kyrgyzstan The official name is the Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyz Respublikasy, Kyrgyz Republic). It is located in the northeast of Central Asia. The area is 199.9 thousand km2,… Read more
- Geography of Sweden April 19, 2022 - Sweden is located between 11° and 24° east longitude and 55° and 69° north latitude. It is washed from the east by the Baltic Sea and its Gulf of Bothnia,… Read more
- Bodrum, Turkey April 12, 2022 - BODRUM is the most popular resort for tourists from all over Europe and the Turkish elite, who come here to enjoy the splendor of the seascape and the charm of… Read more
- Barbados Description April 5, 2022 - Barbados - one of the most colorful islands in the Lesser Antilles chain - was discovered by Portuguese sailors in 1536. Because of the huge banyan trees with roots that… Read more
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam March 29, 2022 - Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) is called the "pearl of Indochina" where there is a noticeable influence of French culture, there are many buildings of French architecture in the city.… Read more
- Genoa, Italy March 22, 2022 - “That was magnificent Genoa. This playful diversity of houses, churches and palaces in the thin heavenly air, shining with an incomprehensible blueness, was the only one. N.V. Gogol "Genova la… Read more
- Tennessee for Tourists March 15, 2022 - According to acronymmonster, the southern state has so much to discover for its guests that you don't really know where to start. Maybe the most visited national park in the… Read more
- Serbia Encyclopedia March 8, 2022 - Serbia (serb. Srbija) Landlocked Balkan state. It borders to the North with Hungary, to the NE with Romania, to the East with Bulgaria, to the South with Macedonia, to the… Read more