For the establishment of the following ranking list of the ten hottest places on earth, the maximum measured temperatures on the ground are decisive. So it is neither about average temperatures nor about the air temperature.
1st place: Dascht e Lut, Iran
The Dasht e Lut desert is 70.7 ° C, the hottest place of the world. The conditions there are so hostile to life that even bacteria cannot survive in the long term. The Dascht e Lut desert covers an area of almost 170,000 m² and is located northeast of the Zagros Mountains.
2nd place: Queensland, Australia
The state of Queensland is located in the northeast of Australia. In the interior of the country, the peak value was 68 ° C. A multitude of colorful coral reefs can be found along the Pacific coast, which is why Queensland is a very popular holiday destination in Australia, especially for divers.
3rd place: Flaming Mountains, China
The “Flaming Mountains” in China are located near the city of Turpan in the northwest of the country. With a maximum temperature of 66 ° C, this natural spectacle occupies the last free place on the podium. The mountains are on the Silk Road, one of the most important trade routes in the ancient world.
4th place: El Azizia, Libya
Africa is generally considered to be the hottest continent, but with 57.7 ° C it only reaches fourth place in this ranking. The city of El Azizia is located on the Mediterranean Sea around 50 kilometers from the capital Tripoli. Since the temperature measurement dates from 1922, this value is often questioned.
Platz 5: Death Valley, USA
At 56 ° C, Death Valley is the hottest place on the American continent and part of the Mojave Desert. On July 12, 2012, the highest temperature ever recorded for a night time in the world was recorded in Death Valley at 41.7 ° C. Death Valley stretches across the states of California and Nevada in the western United States.
6th place: Kebili, Tunisia
The city of Kebili is centrally located in Tunisia in the middle of the Jebil National Park. The highest temperature ever recorded for Kebili is 55 ° C. In addition to the Jebil National Park, the Chott el Djerid salt lake north of Kebili is of touristic importance.
7th place: Ghadames, Libya
The oasis town of Ghadames is located in the triangle between Libya, Algeria and Tunisia, about 600 kilometers from the capital Tripoli. Far away from the Mediterranean coast, Ghadames especially attracts culture lovers. The old town of Ghadames is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The highest temperature measured in Ghadames was 55 ° C.
Place 8: Timbuktu, Mali
Timbuktu is located in the heart of Mali, but contrary to popular belief, it is not the capital of the West African country. The highest temperature ever recorded in Timbuktu is 54 ° C. The proximity to the Sahara, which in Timbuktu provides the characteristic, very dry desert climate almost all year round, contributes significantly to this.
Platz 9: Tirat Zvi, Israel
In kibbutz Tirat Zvi on the border between Israel and Jordan, the peak temperature was 53.6 ° C. Tirat Zvi is 220 meters below sea level, making it the lowest point in the ranking of the hottest places on earth. The next larger town is Bet Sche’an, which is about 10 kilometers north of Tirat Zvi.
Platz 10: Lake Havasou City, USA
Lake Havasu City is a city with 60,000 inhabitants located on the lake of the same name in Arizona. Lake Havasu is a reservoir fed by the Colorado River. The most famous sight in Lake Havasu City is the London Bridge, which originally crossed the Thames in the 19th century and was later sold to the USA. The maximum temperature reached at Lake Havasu was so far 53.2 ° C.
- Afghanistan Overview
- Asia Early History
- Asia Flora and Fauna
- Beautiful Ecuador
- Belarus As a Tourist Country
- Eu Competition
- Europe Agricultural Products
- Flights Accommodation and Movement in Poland
- Getting to Denmark
- Guatemala Travel Package
- India for All The Senses
- Kenya Amboseli Ol Pejeta Masai Mara
- Malta Overview
- Malta Travel Guide
- Senegal History
- Seychelles 115 Islands With Tropical Beaches
- Climate and Weather of Esbjerg, Denmark September 27, 2022 - The climate of Esbjerg Esbjerg is a large city in the Southern Denmark region, on the Jutland peninsula. The city is located in the southwestern part of the peninsula, on… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Morön, Mongolia September 20, 2022 - The climate of Morön Mörön is located in northwestern Mongolia and is an important administrative center of the region. The city was founded in the 19th century around a monastery.… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Bangor, Northern Ireland September 13, 2022 - The climate of Bangor Bangor is located in the east of Northern Ireland in the county of Down. Bangor is located near Belfast and is part of the Belfast Metropolitan… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Al Ghuwayrīyah, Qatar September 6, 2022 - The climate of Al Ghuwayrīyah Its location on the Arabian Peninsula means that Al Ghuwayrīyah has a warm desert climate. Within the widely used Köppen climate system, this is referred… Read more
- Climate and Weather in Portsmouth, Dominica August 23, 2022 - The climate of Portsmouth According to Bridgat, Portsmouth is the second largest city on the Caribbean island of Dominica. The former capital is located in the northwest of the island.… Read more
- Mexican Hat in Utah August 16, 2022 - The stone sombrero A rock formation is called a " Mexican Hat " which, depending on the perspective, is reminiscent of a Mexican sombrero. Pancakes might be a more appropriate… Read more
- Big Bend National Park in Texas August 9, 2022 - One of the most popular vacation destinations in the state of Texas is Big Bend National Park with its scenic views of mountains, canyons and desert. A visit to Big… Read more
- Equatorial Guinea Fast Facts August 2, 2022 - Bordering Cameroon and Gabon, the small country of Equatorial Guinea lies on the west coast of Africa. Although it is rich in petroleum, the poverty rate is very high. It… Read more
- Afghanistan Fast Facts July 26, 2022 - Afghanistan is a country that today is primarily associated with war, the Taliban, hardship and misery. But that was not always so. The country was once rich in cultural diversity… Read more
- Bulgaria Fast Facts July 19, 2022 - Bulgaria is located on the eastern part of the Balkan Peninsula, bordering Greece, Macedonia, Romania and Turkey. The varied and beautiful country offers holidaymakers in Europe very good value for… Read more