For the establishment of the following ranking list of the ten hottest places on earth, the maximum measured temperatures on the ground are decisive. So it is neither about average temperatures nor about the air temperature.
1st place: Dascht e Lut, Iran
The Dasht e Lut desert is 70.7 ° C, the hottest place of the world. The conditions there are so hostile to life that even bacteria cannot survive in the long term. The Dascht e Lut desert covers an area of almost 170,000 m² and is located northeast of the Zagros Mountains.
2nd place: Queensland, Australia
The state of Queensland is located in the northeast of Australia. In the interior of the country, the peak value was 68 ° C. A multitude of colorful coral reefs can be found along the Pacific coast, which is why Queensland is a very popular holiday destination in Australia, especially for divers.
3rd place: Flaming Mountains, China
The “Flaming Mountains” in China are located near the city of Turpan in the northwest of the country. With a maximum temperature of 66 ° C, this natural spectacle occupies the last free place on the podium. The mountains are on the Silk Road, one of the most important trade routes in the ancient world.
4th place: El Azizia, Libya
Africa is generally considered to be the hottest continent, but with 57.7 ° C it only reaches fourth place in this ranking. The city of El Azizia is located on the Mediterranean Sea around 50 kilometers from the capital Tripoli. Since the temperature measurement dates from 1922, this value is often questioned.
Platz 5: Death Valley, USA
At 56 ° C, Death Valley is the hottest place on the American continent and part of the Mojave Desert. On July 12, 2012, the highest temperature ever recorded for a night time in the world was recorded in Death Valley at 41.7 ° C. Death Valley stretches across the states of California and Nevada in the western United States.
6th place: Kebili, Tunisia
The city of Kebili is centrally located in Tunisia in the middle of the Jebil National Park. The highest temperature ever recorded for Kebili is 55 ° C. In addition to the Jebil National Park, the Chott el Djerid salt lake north of Kebili is of touristic importance.
7th place: Ghadames, Libya
The oasis town of Ghadames is located in the triangle between Libya, Algeria and Tunisia, about 600 kilometers from the capital Tripoli. Far away from the Mediterranean coast, Ghadames especially attracts culture lovers. The old town of Ghadames is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The highest temperature measured in Ghadames was 55 ° C.
Place 8: Timbuktu, Mali
Timbuktu is located in the heart of Mali, but contrary to popular belief, it is not the capital of the West African country. The highest temperature ever recorded in Timbuktu is 54 ° C. The proximity to the Sahara, which in Timbuktu provides the characteristic, very dry desert climate almost all year round, contributes significantly to this.
Platz 9: Tirat Zvi, Israel
In kibbutz Tirat Zvi on the border between Israel and Jordan, the peak temperature was 53.6 ° C. Tirat Zvi is 220 meters below sea level, making it the lowest point in the ranking of the hottest places on earth. The next larger town is Bet Sche’an, which is about 10 kilometers north of Tirat Zvi.
Platz 10: Lake Havasou City, USA
Lake Havasu City is a city with 60,000 inhabitants located on the lake of the same name in Arizona. Lake Havasu is a reservoir fed by the Colorado River. The most famous sight in Lake Havasu City is the London Bridge, which originally crossed the Thames in the 19th century and was later sold to the USA. The maximum temperature reached at Lake Havasu was so far 53.2 ° C.
- Afghanistan Overview
- Asia Early History
- Asia Flora and Fauna
- Beautiful Ecuador
- Belarus As a Tourist Country
- Eu Competition
- Europe Agricultural Products
- Flights Accommodation and Movement in Poland
- Getting to Denmark
- Guatemala Travel Package
- India for All The Senses
- Kenya Amboseli Ol Pejeta Masai Mara
- Malta Overview
- Malta Travel Guide
- Senegal History
- Seychelles 115 Islands With Tropical Beaches
- Canada Geography November 23, 2021 - The name Canada comes from the Iroquois root * kanata (ke) which means "village", "settlement" or "set of huts", initially referring to Stadaconé, a settlement on the site of present-day Quebec City.  The… Read more
- India Climate November 16, 2021 - According to bridgat, the climate of India is determined by several factors: first of all by the tropical position of the country, then by its opening to the Indian Ocean… Read more
- Travel to France November 9, 2021 - France climate With the exception of the mountain regions, France has Alsace and Lorraine has a temperate climate with mild winters. According to bridgat, the north-west often has a high… Read more
- Traveling in Nicaragua November 2, 2021 - Nicaragua transportation Airplane: Most domestic flights take off and land at Managua International Airport. Other airports in Nicaragua are much smaller, often little more than airstrips outside the city. These… Read more
- Sri Lanka Tour October 26, 2021 - Basic travel information Tropical Sri Lanka attracts tourists with its long sandy beaches, fascinating historical and cultural sites, beautiful and varied landscapes and wild nature. Our tour of Sri Lanka… Read more
- Tuscany Bike Ride, Italy October 19, 2021 - Basic travel information Cycling week in Tuscany, Italy. Cycling in the idyllic countryside of Tuscany perhaps offers Italy at its best, away from the hustle and bustle of big cities.… Read more
- Senegal History October 11, 2021 - HISTORY: FROM ITS ORIGINS TO 1960 It is problematic to say whether the coasts of Senegal were reached in ancient times: the circumnavigation carried out by the Phoenicians by order… Read more
- Studying in Canada October 5, 2021 - School System Since the provinces are responsible for the education system, there are differences in the educational system of the individual provinces. The standard of education in Canada is very… Read more
- China Social Conditions September 28, 2021 - Under reform policy, Chinese living conditions have greatly improved, and since 1979 the country has experienced an average annual growth of close to 10 percent. However, the distribution of income… Read more
- Los Angeles Urban Landscape September 21, 2021 - The Los Angeles metropolitan area has been the prototype and model of the US city of the future for several years and has overtaken Chicago as the world's most scientifically… Read more